Medicinal Uses of Agastache foeniculum, Anise HyssopGrow Anise Hyssop from seed
Anise hyssop is a perennial herb that is well known for its many useful herbal benefits, among that being its medical uses in the herbalist community.
- Used as an infusion in tea and cold remedies. Will relieve congestion.
- As a cardiac herb, it is also used to strengthen a weak heart.
- Clinical research has shown that the essential oils of Anise Hyssop is antiviral toward Herpes simplex I and II.
- A poultice of Agastache foeniculum is also useful in treating burns.
- Being diaphoretic, a hot infusion will induce perspiration and is therefore useful in treating fevers.
- Indians used the leaves in incense to treat depression as it provided an uplifting fragrance.
- Can be used as a wash to treat the itchiness of poison ivy.
- A cold infusion of Agastache foeniculum leaves is used to relieve pains in the chest from excessive coughing.
- Has antibacterial and anti-inflamatory properties. Used as a preventative for summer colds.
- Used by Indians to cure wounds. Can use as a salve.
- Traditionally used to treat burns with a poultice of leaves.
- Pectoral (Used to treat lung issues) - Often combined with licorice for lung conditions such as repiratory infections and bronchitis. It is an expectorant and cough suppressant.
- It's a aromatic digestant, therefore preventing gas, bloating. Simply sip some tea with you meals to prevent gas and bloating.
- Treats diarrhea.
- When its leaves are crushed, they have a beautifully aromatic smell of licorice.
- Take a bath in the leaves for treating sunburn or for fungal conditions such as athletes foot or yeast overgrowth.
- Being aromatic, the oils in the plant are useful in opening up the airways.
- Sedative - One of the main oils in Agastache foeniculum is Methyleugenol, which has been shown to have sedative properties.
Herbalists all over the world appreciate the medicinal benefits of Agastache foeniculum, you can too can grow mother nature's medicine cabinet from your own backyard!
Growing your own medicinal herbs for your health is a great hobby. Anise hyssop is an easy herb to get started in the garden and will reward you with not only outstanding medicinal uses, but it's also a lovely garden plant with boutiful flowers which attact pollinating bees, butterflies and hummingbirds.
Make sure you Order Anise Hyssop Seed online at Sand Mountain Herbs!
Want to Grow A Heirloom Vegetable Garden? <!- maincontent --> We have over 100+ Seeds.